Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Finally, wine by the pool

The month after we moved into the house, I was accosted by a friend for drinking wine...gasp from a wine glass...while sitting on our pool steps. I suppose that I hadn't fully understood how difficult it would be to hunt down a single piece of broken glass in our monochrome pool (another home ownership secret revealed). Oh how quickly we learn.

Last weekend, Mr. Big and I had the delightful pleasure of visiting Old Montreal. A stroll through the streets yielded us the perfect solution, Govino wine glasses.


These puppies are shatterproof, reusable, recyclable plastic glasses that don't break the bank ($2.99). Supposedly they have properties consistent with crystal for color and aromatics, but we haven't yet tested that theory out yet.

I'm ready to give them a whirl. Poolside party anyone?

No comments: