Monday, December 29, 2008

Hammock time

We spent our holiday in Puerto Vallarta with my parents, brother, sister-in-law, and her parents. We had a lovely time full of sailing, whale watching, golfing, shopping, tequila tasting, and pretty much everything else that you can get up to in Mexico.

One morning, Mr. Big and I ventured into town with my parents via water taxi. Just to get you in the mood for this post, I thought you might want a little taste of the ride.

Yes, it really was that pretty....

Once we reached town, I peered over into the garden of one of the hotels and immediately fell in love with their hammocks...of all things.


Aren't these beautiful? The lacy sides are unique and slightly romantic set off against the green lawn. (Although the front one doesn't seem like it would be all that comfortable once you got in...with your bum on the ground and all).

Well, I'm sure that you can imagine what happened next...Mr. Big had to put up with my hunt for the perfect "lacy" hammock through the markets. At the end of the day, we ended up with a beauty for around $88. I cannot wait to get it up.


But don't fret, Mr. Big didn't miss his special find of the day. Although his was a bit less expensive ($2), equally as authentic (also purchased from a street vendor), it was easier to manuever with (gone instantly).


Yes, you can purchase marlin and shrimp on a stick for $2 (check out the size of the fillets he uses for each one...unbelievable). Mr. Big and my parents swore by it. I may be able to recreate the hammock, but odds are stacked against me on the fish-on-a-stick find. :)

No comments: