Saturday, August 16, 2008

Where have you been?

Sorry for the slow posting lately. There's actually quite a lot to provide updates on. But just so you don't think we're complete flakes:

Jack Bauer and season four of 24 started wreaking havoc with our sanity a few weeks back. Why do we get so caught up in this series? Our entire life gets put on hold until we finish the DVDs. Ok, not such a good excuse. But if you are a 24 fan, you know what I mean.

We then had a visit from good friends from back home. It was a real pleasure catching up and showing them this great little island. We miss their company, but Jordan is desperately missing all the extra attention. Thanks for the visit! :)


The last distraction was definitely the most serious. Mr. Big and I had a dear co-worker and friend fall very ill recently. I spent the last week with her and her mom in Miami. It was quite a sobering experience and a huge reminder to live our lives to the fullest. When I returned home last night, I found that our front yard had finally bloomed. What timing! If I could send every blossom to her in Miami, I wouldn't hesitate. But in case she or her family come across this website, consider this the image of happiness and continued health that we are wishing for you.


And for those of us who are fortunate enough to have our health, revel in it!

No comments: