Thursday, May 1, 2008

Retroactive inspiration

Yesterday was a big deadline day for me so hopefully the spare time is right around the corner...and I'll get time to share with everyone! In the meantime, in 5 minute daily flight through Desire to Inspire last week, this inspiration image tugged at me...and brought me back two days later. And yes, we may be a bit too far along for inspiration, but never too far along for appreciation.

Photo by Graham Aiken Hughes

How crazy is that light? I love it! It's sort of romatic, but sort of dilapidated all at the same time. And the monotone, textured pillows reminded me of these beauties that are currently in my etsy favorite folder from seller cushlab.


Actually, now that I look at the photo closer, it's very similar to a nook that I recently created in the great room. The only difference is that they've nailed it.


How dull does my space look? (The wire for our eventual speaker doesn't help much) I know, I know, lighting and photos can evoke more emotion than if you were actually in the space, but it's still a great reference point for me...on how much further I can push just this little area. And if nothing else, we've started on the right track! :)

No comments: