Thursday, June 21, 2007

Come hither bedding

Have any of you experienced the come-hither bed? No boys, not the one with the scantily-clad woman lying across it...nice try. It's the bed that makes you want to lose yourself within it's soft sheets, plush pillows and cozy surroundings. I love these beds.

The problem is that I have a really hard time recreating them for myself. Somehow the options at departments stores don't quite get me there, and as a result, I almost entirely lose my steam for trying to recreate that feeling. My mom is a great inspiration in this area. She will find amazing fabrics to make her bedding, but it must just be one of those things that skips a generation, I'm useless.

Seeing as we will have a few beds to cover, I have intermittently looked about for options....albeit unsuccessfully. Today, thanks to Decor8, I came across bedding that made me stop in my tracks. Say hello to Ankasa.


Look at those b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l pillows. So much detail, yet not overpowering. Their bedding combinations are equally as breathtaking.

They've just opening a new store in New York, and unfortunately for Mr. Big, I'll be traveling there later this year. So there you go, if they've successfully lured me through their doors...I guess that you can say that I've been come-hithered. :)

No comments: